Rapid14 PIC Prototyping PCB
(Scroll down for image of bare PCB)
(304kb) Manual for Rapid14 PIC prototyping PCB.
(302kb) Discussion of power supply options for our prototyping boards.
Customers in the United States can click the Add to Cart buttons below to purchase this
product. International customers should contact us at
for calculation of additional shipping charges. If this is an educational purchase or if payment
must be made by check, click on the Ordering link to the left side of this screen for
additional instructions. For a complete listing of our product pricing, check out our
Part Numbers and Pricing:
||R14, bare PCB only (see image below).
||R14-KIT, PCB plus basic parts kit (includes: 8 and 14 pin sockets, 4MHz resonator,
DC power receptacle, 47uF cap, 0.1uF caps x 3, 470 and 10k Ohm res, Green LED, & 78L05).
||R14-I/O, PCB, basic parts kit, and I/O parts kit (includes: 2 push buttons,
2N2222 transistor, 2 LEDs, 1 piezo buzzer, 470 Ohm res x 2, & 10k Ohm res x 3).
||R14-BUILT, Fully assembled and tested PCB (includes parts from basic and I/O kits;
4MHz resonator and 8 and 14 pin IC sockets included but not soldered down).
- Overall board dimensions 2.00" x 3.25".
- PCB is a 2-layer board with solder masks on both sides and a silk screen graphic.
- 16 x 13 pin prototyping area (208 pins total).
- Power and GND bus lines run the length of the prototyping area on both sides (not included in proto area total pin count).
- All 12 microcontroller port pins brought out to a clearly labeled strip along the top of the prototyping area.
- 4 corner mounting holes.
- Compatible with all MicroChip PIC 8 and 14 pin DIP packaged microprocessors.
- PIC12C508A, 509A,
- PIC12F508, 509, 629, 635, 675, 683 (and other 8 pin devices),
- PIC16F505, 630, 636, 684, 676, 688 (and other 14 pin devices).
Power Supply Options:
- Crystal or ceramic resonator with external capacitors (DC-20MHz).
- Ceramic resonator with internal capacitors (DC-20MHz).
- RC oscillator.
- Internal oscillator.
User I/O Options:
- Footprints provided for either TO-92 or TO-220 voltage regulators.
- Footprint provided for DC power receptacle.
- Power-on LED.
- 2 push buttons.
- 2 LEDs.
- Piezo buzzer.